Updated: Mar 3
Welcome to Week 1!
Breadcrumbs For The Journey Today is Day 4 of our 90-Day Bible Journey, and we are almost all the way through Genesis! Way to go! The story of Joseph is one of my favorites in the whole Bible. Can you imagine your siblings throwing you into a large pit to die, and then deciding that selling you into slavery would be even better! Yet after years as a slave and time in jail, Joseph realized that God could use his situation for the good of others and his family. So, he forgave them! That takes incredible faith to know God is in control! And it is stories like that which strengthen me through this journey.
Tip Of The Week
Genesis and Exodus are full of engaging stories that make you want to read more to see what happens. So, go ahead! Read ahead and don’t worry if you get further than you should this week... because next week comes Leviticus, which is not so engaging and is a bit tedious to get through. So, act like the snow trucks this week and plow ahead! Read, Read, Read! And if you get behind, just try to catch up a little at a time each day. Just...DON’T GIVE UP!
Good To Know
We view the Scripture text in the Bible as the inspired Word of God. However, not everything in the Bible is Scripture text. Elements like chapter titles, book names, and chapter and verse numbers were added by scholars and printers in the 16th and 17th centuries to make it easier to read, study and reference the Bible text.
Fun Activity For the Week
Try to recall the Ten Commandments by filling in the blanks below. If you need help, you can check your answers in Exodus 20:1-17. Concerning our relationship with God:
1. You shall have no other ___________ before me.
2. You shall not make for yourself an ____________ in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
3. You shall not ____________ the name of the Lord your God.
4. Remember the __________________ by keeping it holy.
Concerning our relationship with each other:
5. _____________ your father and your mother.
6. You shall not _______________.
7. You shall not ________________________.
8. You shall not _______________.
9. You shall not give _________________________ against your neighbor.
10.You shall not _______________ your neighbor’s house, spouse, or other possessions.
One step at a time. You can do this!