Isaiah 40:8 says,"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever." What more important literary journey can we take together than to read through God's written Word. I am looking forward to taking this journey with you. To help you be successful, I will be giving reading tips along the way. To start, you will want to purchase the 90-Day Journey Bible New International Version (NIV) or use the reading schedule provided with your own Bible. Here's a few other tips to get you started.
1. 90-Day Journey Bible: This is the book most of us will be following as we take this journey together. You can order this book online or we will have a few copies available for purchase at church.
2. Audio: If you prefer to listen to the Bible, you may enjoy this dramatic reading of Genesis. The speed of this reading can be increased in the YouTube settings as well, if time is a factor for you.
3. Phone App: If you prefer to read the Bible on the go, YouVersion is an excellent app choice for your phone. It has a listening option as well. 4. Bible Study Tools: If you would like an online source for supplementary material, www.biblestudytools.com has free Bible versions, commentaries, Bible maps, concordances and more. 5. The Essential Bible Companion: Key Insights for Reading God's Word by Walton, Strauss and Cooper: If you prefer a book, you may purchase this Bible companion from Amazon. It has color maps, timelines, and two-page summaries of each book of the Bible.
6. Bible Study Videos: You can find summary videos of Bible books and themes at www.BibleProject.com. This is a great way to teach the Bible to your family and enjoy learning together at home.
7. Timeline: Use this timeline to keep track of people, major events, and chronology of the books.
Hope you find these tips helpful. Looking forward to our journey together!